[Google AdSense] Why does my domain name prompt "URL must be a valid top-level domain name"



  I saw a question about Google AdSense two days ago: I was prompted to enter a valid top-level domain name when I applied for AdSense. I entered my domain name starting with www and it still prompts that it must be a valid top-level domain name. What does this valid top-level domain name mean?

I also encountered this situation during the setup two days ago. In the beginning, I also wondered, isn't my domain name a top-level domain name? 

Here are the detailed reasons and the correct way to deal with it.

In the beginning, the URL I entered was  lifenews.ml/ as shown in the figure:


However, when I clicked on the next page, the page appeared saying that my website is this website: https://lifenews.ml/, as shown in the figure:




I think the URL currently displayed is not the URL of my current website, so I went back and modified it, filling in my current URL: https://www.lifenews.ml/ as shown in the figure:



Because when you fill in this way, the correct URL will appear when you click on the next page, as shown in the figure:




This way I feel it is correct, but when I place the code on my website and click submit again, the following prompt appears: "URL must be a valid top-level domain name." This makes me very puzzled, my domain name is also a top-level domain name. How could such a prompt appear?

After thinking and pondering, I realized that when setting up DNS before, www was treated as a second-level domain name, that is, the top-level domain name is  lifenews.ml.

So I set it up again, and the URL I entered is still lifenews.ml, click on the next page, put the code directly on the website, and then click submit to successfully add it.



Hope this information is helpful to you.



Post a Comment

0 Comments